Is therapy based on performing meaningful activities of daily life, self care skills, education, work or social interaction, especially to enable or enhance participation in such activities despite impairment or limitation physical or mental functioning.
Is for individual of all ages. To improve skills that help them perform daily task at home, at school, at work and during play.
Concern for Occupational Therapy
• Seating and positioning for functional activity
• Fine motor function & hand function
• Gross motor function
• Perceptual skills, visual tactile
• Technical aid, special utensil, modalities & splints
• Social skills & age appropriate play
• Environmental adaptation home & school
• Performance of daily living skills
Who might need Occupational Therapy?
• Birth injuries
• Cerebral palsy
• Development delay
• Sensory processing disorder
• Hand Rehabilitation
• Writing skills
• Attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)